Saturday, November 7, 2009

Antique Fair

This weekend was the Antique Fair for the Puget Sound area, held at the great Puyallup Fair grounds here in WA state. I have tried to make it every year and have had the pleasure of my Mamma accompanying me so far. Boy did we shop! My eyes are tired from browsing all the fabulous goodies!
I was sure to bring my camera along with me because I can't bring it all home. :) Here are some of the goods we spotted along the way.






Here is a coat rack made of wooden skies. Love this and could imagine it in my log cabin dream home, one day ;)











I LOVE candy and especially this penny gumball machine! Too bad it was close to $700.00!! Yikes! But still love it :)















You are probably wondering what on earth is this. This lil' beauty has been at the fair each year I have gone and still has not found a home. I always stop and stare and the rhinestone bra and think to myself "I wonder what my hubby would think if I brought this home for him?" BAHHAAhaaa! Imagine yourself in it and you'll be gigglin' too! :D









Here are some more goodies that I loved this year..













































Lace, Antique mirrors, Feathers, OH My!















This little girl is sweet and loved her but my daughter has red hair so I snapped a quick pic so as to make one of my own for her down the road. Supper easy, it's all made of felt.















Buttons and bouquet of buttons, who's got the buttons!?

























I adored these Harper's Bazaar magazine covers, even more so with the perfect frame! Oooh-LaLa!

























More I wish I could have brought home with me.






























































My beautiful Mamma {Mot} gearing up to shop, shop, SHOP!











HERE ARE MY GOODIES! Some of the treasures I picked up this year. Hankies, an antique mirror, and treasures for my daughter shabby chic room.





















I was so thrilled when I found this pink mini glass slipper. My Mamma gave me one (the blue glass slipper) when I was a little girl and my daughter fell in love with it, carrying it around our home. Now she has one in PINK, her favorite color, and I have mine!














Here is a silver plated antique hand mirror. Wanted one every year and broke down and bought myself one. ISN'T SHE LOVELY!?! :)













And finally these hand painted roses. I so wished I could have bought more. It was really hard picking which ones. But nonetheless I am so pleased with these beauties.










To my wonderful excitement, the larger of the two paintings had a lovely surprise. The artist recycled scrap paintings by turning the canvas over and painting on the opposite side. So when you turn over the painting of the rose, this is what I found.










A closer look at this beauty and you find a silhouette of a man walking a old town city street.












What a day, but a perfect one at that! Lots of good finds! Precious time with my Mamma and ubber ideas going on in the head. I heart Antiques!


Blessings! A

2 comments:

  1. Well how fun are all these finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - it is a fortunate thing I did not go with you, because I don't know if I could've left some of these things with just a picture! First off, thanks for the beautiful shot of my cinderella pink pyrex! Those green plaid glasses so would be in cupboard right now! Love all of it - the lemonade stand, the Harper's Bazaar covers, love 'em!

    ReplyDelete