Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sprucing Up My Hallway

"Shame on her!" I know that is what you will think of me when you are done reading this post. HA!

I must admit, to you all, that I have never had a family photo display on my walls. Yes, I have a few outdated photos in the hallway now of my small lil' family. But the only picture of my beautiful mother is in my bedroom and not displayed in a fashionably-proud manner. You can slap me now. No pictures hanging of times past with my babies and their grandparents...nothing...But, I must say it has been one of those lingering thoughts of "need to do sooner than later"! So with out further ado, here is my sad pathetic hallway.




I know, I know, blah is what your thinking. And if you didn't quite get a good enough feel of the BLAH, here is another angle.




I absolutely LOVE red walls! More like cinnamon red walls. There is just something about the warmth it brings to a home and especially when painted on the right wall, it can add a dramatic but beautiful display. When my hubby and I bought our first house just under 2 years ago, we couldn't wait to make it our own, painting and hanging trim. And I must say my man has a fantastic knack for picking out paint colors. We new for sure we wanted a cinnamon-red accent wall. And when pared with our new entertainment piece, it just made the whole family room pop! Love it!



Back to the subject at hand. Why the heck did we not just paint the other side of the wall?!? Which would be my pathetic hallway display! I am not sure why we didn't but I can tell you that I once saw a beautiful family collage displayed on a red wall in a Pottery Barn magazine (love PB!) and ever since dreamed of having one. Now, I have the paint, lots of it still. But not the frames. So I won't be able to get to work right away to show you the results. Money is funny :) But I did find some lovely displays that sparked some fabulous ideas...so I thought I'd share with ya'all so you'd get the idea.










So maybe I am not the most horrible person in the world for not hanging up my family photos, I mean, the idea is there right?! And I'll make sure I don't leave you all hanging. Now, just need to figure out what kind of picture frames would go best on my cinny-red walls. hmm...any suggestions?

Blessings! A

3 comments:

  1. Oh~ do love the cinny-wall. Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some PB too! Probably anything you pick for a frame will look good on a red wall!

    Your blog is really cute and I'm so glad to "meet" you!! I hope you post what you end up doing with this wall!

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. :) I think you've got some great inspiration going on...I always have a hard time making a final decision on hanging stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete