Monday, October 26, 2009

A Fabulous Fall in Washington State

For my first post {insert excitement here!!} I wanted to share with you all a small passion of mine...O.K., O.K...a big passion of mine...well two for that matter;

Passion #1. I LOVE fall, I love everything about fall. The spectacular colors, the crisp autumn air, the warm fires, hot cups of goodness, warm blankets and the excuse to put on as many cute layers of clothes we drag from our closets. Washington state offers a beautiful display of Fall and I get the wonderful privilege of living in an area where I am surrounded by hills and mountains covered in this God-given art display.

Passion #2. Photography. I call myself a beginning photographer, as I feel there is so much I haven't learned yet, but hopes to someday. With three kids, whom I also homeschool {big smiles} and three dogs, five chickens and one amazing husband, I hardly have the time to expand my photography passion. But when I get the opportunity to pick my Canon up, I find myself lost in the beauty of an art that is ever changing, ever challenging, and when combined with passion #1 a wonderful and magical way to express the soul.

Yesterday, my hubby drug us out of the house for a walk, which I admit I didn't want to do at first, but SO glad I did afterward. In my defense, the cozy fire kept me immobilized. :) I haven't had the chance to get some good Fall pictures yet, so here it was, and even though I felt a little rusty trying to re figure all those buttons out on my SLR, here is what came of it all....

enjoy!















Here is some more beauty that I get to enjoy...










Trying to get all the kiddos to pose was a challenge, but a fun one at that.




Peek-a-boo! I see you!




And finally, here is a picture of me and my beautiful daughter courtesy of my hubby.




My hopes today is that you are inspired, inspired to stop the business for ten minutes enjoy a warm cup-o-goodness and look around at what comes from the change of seasons. Eye-capturing beauty and a sense of my souls passions. :)

Autumn Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'm a photography nut too! :) Thanks for following my blog! ;) Welcome to blogland!

    Smiles,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Welcome to the blogging world. Like the blog! I am very much so missing the fall:( I try to keep the spirit up with photos and I'm indeed a photography freak also:)

    ReplyDelete